8:30am & 10:30am Holy Eucharist
9:30am Christian Education all ages
3:00pm La Santa Misa
St. Francis Episcopal Church was a dream of the Rt. Rev. Thomas Wright, IV, Bishop of East Carolina, when he initiated plans for a new church in Goldsboro in April 1961. Population and businesses weremoving rapidly from downtown Goldsboro toward the east and northeast. In an effort to establish a new Episcopal Church, the vestry of St. Stephen's Episcopal Church, established in 1853 and located in downtown Goldsboro, began a search for property and subsequently purchased 11 acres in the Forest Hills subdivision.
Eighteen families agreed to form the new mission under the leadership of the Rev. James Wilson, Vicar. The first worship service was November 29, 1964 in the administration building of an abandoned prison camp. After one year, the services were moved to a bowling alley. On November 20, 1966, the congregation relocated to its present church in Forest Hills. In 1969, St. Francis went from ''mission'' to ''aided parish'' status. Then on February 10, 1973, it became a full parish. Growth has been slow but steady over the years. The Rev. John J. Ormond became vicar in 1967, until 1979. The Rev. G. Edward Dunlap served as third rector from 1980 until 1994. The Rev. Frank D. Russ, Jr., then served from 1996 until August 2004. The Reverend Albert O. Vannorsdall served as Priest-in-Charge from 2004 till January 2011. In November 2011, The Reverand Doug Culton accepted our call as Priest-in-Charge of St. Francis. He remained with us till February 8, 2015
The Rev. Marcia McRae accepted the call to be the Priest-in-Charge of St. Francis in 2016.